Monday, January 4, 2010

Winter gift giving holiday season sum up

Despite it being baking season for most people these past few weeks, I've been taking a bit of a break and working on polishing off a lot of pantry staples that needed to be used up.
Winter gift giving season did however leave me with some new toys to play with in the upcoming year. I've got a new silicon baking mat that I used for the biscuits the other day and can't wait to try with cookies. I also got an ever important cherry pitter so that the next time I decide to use fresh cherries my kitchen doesn't resemble a war zone.
My cookbook library was also increased with a great book on tarts: Janice Murfitt's Savory to Sweet Pies & Tarts and Ken Haedrich's Pie. This last one includes 300 sweet pie recipes. It clocks in at a hefty 600+ pages. I don't think you'll be seeing a Julie/Julia attempt to get through it in the course of the next year, but I'm very excited about trying some of the pies and tarts in both books during the coming months. The dog is excited too as he's always hoping for leftovers.


2 comments:

  1. It was not my intention to force you to make 300+ pies in 365 days. But I will happily sample whichever ones you do make (which was my intention, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you need help eating any tarts!

    ...Wait. I should probably rephrase that. But I swear those're the words that quite innocently came into my head.

    ReplyDelete