Monday, September 21, 2009

Rosh Hashanah Pie

The last time I was in Maine my little brothers had been begging me to bake a pie. This time I indulged them and made an apple pie in keeping with it being Rosh Hashanah. I thought about using honey instead of sugar but the boys wanted a traditional pie. I used the bit of leftover pastry dough that I had to make a little pastry apple in the center of the pie.
All in all it was a good trip home for the holiday and a very tasty pie.

Other apple things eaten included an apple cake and some fabulous apple crisp ice cream from Beal's.



2 comments:

  1. looks good! i went apple picking, can't decide between turnovers or pie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I wish I'd gotten to go apple picking. If you have enough you should make both.

    ReplyDelete