Saturday, July 4, 2009

A first attempt at a lattice top



June 30, 2009
I went the easy route and didn't actually thread the lattice top, but it's a tasty Tri-berry pie none the less!

The next day at work we had pies from The Little Pie Company. Now I haven't had their pies since before starting to make my own. I tried their key lime, blueberry, and their mixed berry. And I have to say I was comparatively disappointed. Now I don't know much about key lime pie, so I can't comment much on that, though I would like to try some others in the future. The blueberry pie was rather bland. The blueberry filling just sort of lacked flavor. The mixed berry filling was good. And I maintain that its just about impossible to make sticking a bunch of berries and sugar together taste bad, but on the whole it was the pie crust that didn't excite me. I think I'll take homemade any day.



No comments:

Post a Comment