Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cream of Cauliflower Soup


I got a new toy the other day: an immersion blender. Amazon was having a sale. That coupled with the weather in New York finally hitting actual fall temperatures meant that it was time for soup. Plus as an extra bonus I got a leek in this week's CSA bounty. (CSA pictures will be up soon from what I have, I promise.) So I made up a Cream of Cauliflower recipe.

1 big leek
3 medium sized potatoes (or in my case about 12 tiny Nicola potatoes from the CSA two weeks ago)
1 Tbs herbes de provence
2 Tbs fresh chopped parsley
2 Tbs butter
8 cups chicken stock
1/2 a cup of cream
Salt

Clean and chop leek and saute in the butter in a large pot until just beginning to brown. Add chicken stock, chopped potatoes and chopped cauliflower. Stir in salt, chopped parsley and herbes de provence. Allow to simmer for approximately an hour. Then using your brand new nifty immersion blender, blend away! Mine took under 30 seconds. Stir in cream. Serve. I enjoyed mine with some buttermilk biscuits.

You can even see the steam coming off the soup in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment